We know how important it is to stay active and that’s why we have delivered a $1.5 million active hub in Federal Park, Wallsend.
Key features of the recently opened Wallsend Active Hub:
- Expanded playspace suited to all ages and abilities featuring swings, slides, climbing areas, spinning carousel and trampolines
- Pump track for bikes, scooters and skateboards
- Multi-sport courts catering to basketball and futsal
- Rebound wall
- Climbing wall
- Fitness stations
- Seating areas with shelter
- Bins, drinking fountain and bike racks
- Tree planting around the active hub site
Phase one construction of the Wallsend Active Hub's active recreation areas commenced in August 2021 and was completed in October 2022.
Community Opening of Wallsend Active Hub in November 2022.
The Wallsend Active Hub site in August 2022.
The Wallsend Active Hub site in March 2022.
Proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with City of Newcastle.