We're committed to providing genuine, meaningful opportunities for everyone in our community to share their voice and have a say.
We want our community to feel informed, involved and empowered to participate in decisions that shape the future of our city.
Our guiding principles:
- Transparency: We will provide our community with clear, timely, concise and complete information about an engagement project that allows them to participate in a meaningful way.
- Inclusiveness: We will seek feedback from all those who may be impacted by a decision, and make sure it is easy and fair for everyone to participate.
- Meaningful: We will engage before the decision is made, listen to our community and consider their input as part of our decision-making.
- Commitment: We will plan for and allocate appropriate resources and tools for effective engagement.
- Accountability: We will share with our community how we used their input to make the decision.