We have sought feedback on a proposal to improve safety on Bull Street by stabilising the embankment and improving footpath conditions along Bull Street, where the road runs adjacent to the Bull and Tourle Street Reserve.
This project will improve safety in the neighbourhood for both pedestrians and road users. It will include new kerb and gutter, to help minimise water flow from the road onto the embankment, and the barrier will ensure safety along the upgraded path.
In 2021, the east coast was hit by a major storm event. Heavy rainfall caused the road embankment to slip adjacent to the Bull and Tourle Street Reserve and this work will rectify the damage and rehabilitate an important natural space at a highly used public reserve.
What was proposed
- Stabilisation works for a new embankment in Bull and Tourle Street Reserve
- Upgrading the existing footpath along Bull Street
- Construction of kerb and gutter for the length of the footpath
- Installation of no stopping signage along the northern side of Bull Street
- Installation of a partial barrier fence adjacent to the footpath for the length of the new embankment
The public exhibition period closed on Friday 8 July and submissions are being reviewed prior to a report being prepared for Council.