We're planning upgrades to improve the safety and amenity for pedestrians at Bulkara Street and Lake Road, Wallsend. New footpaths will provide an important connection between Lake Street and Cowper Street to the north and west, whilst guardrails, fencing and upgraded bus stops will improve safety for all road users.
What is proposed?
We are seeking feedback on the proposed installation of new guardrail, concrete footpaths, kerb and gutter in Lake Road, Wallsend to improve safety for all road users.
Proposed works will include:
- Replacement of the existing guardrail extending to the corner of Bulkara Street and Lake Road
- New concrete footpaths on both sides of Lake Road from Bulkara Street to Cowper Street
- New pedestrian fencing on the eastern side of Lake Road near Cowper Street
- Upgrades to the existing bus stops on Lake Road
- New kerb and gutter on the western side of Lake Road to create an indented bus stopping bay
- Upgrades to the existing pedestrian refuge near the roundabout on Lake Road
- Upgrades to street lighting at the pedestrian refuge
- New kerb ramps at either end of Lake Road, between Bulkara Street and Lake Road
- New signage and linemarking
There will be no loss of parking.
Thanks for having your say!
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the proposed upgrades at Bulkara Street and Lake Road, Wallsend to improve safety for all road users. Feedback has now closed. We are currently reviewing your feedback and will report back soon.