Gregson Park Playspace
An exciting new playspace is coming to Gregson Park! The concept design features an inclusive playspace with nature play, water feature, shade, formal and informal seating, and native garden with small yarning circle. Maddie's Bench will be retained and relocated in the playspace.
Other improvements include: new swale, footbridges and wetland area for water detention, retention of figs with ground cover planting, realigned pathways and new tree planting. Upgrades to the existing amenities building will provide disabled access and bbq facilities.
Why is a new playspace being developed at Gregson Park?
A Masterplan for Gregson Park was developed to guide the vision and renewal of the park over the next 10-15 years. An inclusive playspace and amenities upgrades were identified as key priorities during 2020 community consultation for the Gregson Park Masterplan. The Masterplan was adopted by Council in November 2021. For more information about the Gregson Park Masterplan, visit the Have Your Say page.
Thanks for having your say!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas on the concept designs for Gregson Park Playspace! We've reviewed all feedback and have used this to help finalise the design for the playspace. Read the Engagement Report.
What are the key changes to the design based on community feedback?
- Additional climbing net with slide suited to older children
- Additional overhead swinging ladder fitness station for suited to primary to young adults
- Additional seating and picnic tables located throughout the playspace
- Additional BBQ facilities
- Additional bike parking including area adjusted to provide for cargo bikes
- Water bottle refilling tap on drinking fountain
- Path increased to 2.5m wide to ensure paths wide enough for bikes
- Additional trees
Detailed design and documentation is currently being prepared in order for the project to be tendered for construction. Construction is expected to commence in early 2024.